Helping Texan’s Suffering from Burn Injuries
A serious burn injury can have a lasting impact, as there are few injuries more physically and mentally agonizing. The victim may suffer extensive scarring, emotional turmoil, and severe financial losses. When a burn injury is the result of someone else’s actions, you may be able to pursue compensation for the difficult future ahead. Contact the Fort Worth burn injury attorney from The Nwoha Law Firm today, so we may evaluate your burn injury case, for free.
How Do We Handle Burn Injury Cases?
- We understand how catastrophic a burn injury can be, and while you recover, we will handle all legal matters related to your case.
- When we accept a case, we take on a dedicated interest in seeing that you get the compensation you deserve.
- There are no out-of-pocket legal expenses, until after we secure a recovery on your behalf.
What Causes Burn Injuries?
There are many traumatic incidents that can cause severe burn injuries, such as:
- Car and truck accidents (vehicle fires)
- Fuel tanker explosions
- Electrical fires
- Faulty or defective products
- Structural fires
- Malfunctioning equipment at a workplace
- Leaking gas lines
- Poor building maintenance
- Scalding water and pipes
- Propane explosions
- L-P gas or liquefied petroleum gas explosions
- Hotel or motel hot water scalds (excess of 120 degrees F)
When a burn injury is caused by negligence on the part of an individual or company, a Fort Worth burn injury lawyer can help you hold them accountable.
The Damages You Could Recovery For Your Injury
Recovering from a severe burn injury can be overwhelming, along with all of the financial stress that comes with it. Depending on the burn’s severity, you may be unable to return to work or only able to work part-time. Retaining the assistance of an experienced burn injury lawyer will be imperative to obtaining the compensation you will need. You have the right to recover damages for the following:
- Current and future medical bills.
- Lost wages and/or reduced earning capacity.
- Insufficient workers’ compensation.
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Punitive damages (in some cases)
The negligent party responsible for your injury will likely have insurance coverage, but you may quickly find yourself battling over the validity or value of your claim. Invoking the aid of a Fort Worth personal injury attorney will protect your rights and ensure you receive a fair settlement, even if that means taking your case to trial.
Types of Burns
There are three classifications of burns:
Damage to only the outer layer of skin, causing redness, swelling, and minor pain. These burns usually clear up in under a week. Sunburns are examples of first-degree burns.
Damage to the outer layer and the layer underneath, causing red and white splotches, swelling, and blisters. Pain can be severe, and if the burn is deep, scarring may occur.
Cause damage into the fat layer below the skin, leaving the area white or black, and results in nerve damage and numbness to the area.
Deep tissue burns that destroy the skin and sometimes damage muscle, fascia, or bone.
You might think your burn injury case would be straightforward. You sustained a serious burn at work or someplace else due to someone’s negligent or reckless behavior. The reality is many burn injury cases turn out to be very complicated from a legal standpoint. Reasons why include:
- The person or business that caused your burn injury denies doing anything wrong.
- The person or business responsible for your burn injury blames you.
- The insurance company responsible for compensating you denies your burn injury claim.
Dealing with a burn injury can be a painful, complicated legal process. You have enough to worry about on your own. Allow us to help you cut through all the red tape and demand the maximum compensation you deserve for your injury.
Treatment for burn injuries is determined by the type of burn, severity of tissue damage, size of burn, and area of the body affected. Chemical, electrical, or burns that inhibit your ability to breathe are signs that medical attention is required. However, when in doubt, seek medical treatment immediately. If a negligent party caused your burns, you might have an injury claim in your hands, speak with a Fort Worth burn injury attorney to discuss your case.
Problems Caused By Burn Injuries
One of the most painful types of injuries a person can suffer is a severe burn. In fact, some burn victims are put into a medically induced coma, in order to not have to feel the pain of their first days or weeks of recovery. There is often a lifetime of ongoing physical and emotional issues, including:
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Contractures: the shortening and hardening of muscles and tendons, leading to deformity and rigidity of joints
- Chronic pain
- Nerve damage
- Mobility issues
- Psychological issues, including depression and anxiety
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)